Makes approximately 28 small pancakes
– 2 cups self-raising flour
– 1 teaspoonbicarb of soda
– 1/8 teaspoon of salt
– 4 tablespoons caster sugar
– 1 cup fresh ricotta
– 2 cups skim milk
– 50g unsalted butter, melted
– 1 lemon, rind grated, juiced
– Oil spray, to fry
– Sliced bananas, yoghurt and honey, to serve
– Measuring cups and spoons
– Measuring jug
– Wooden spoon
– Egg flip
– Chopping Board
– Knife – Kiddies Food Kutter
- Sift the flour, soda and salt into a bowl.
- Stir in sugar.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl (adult supervision required)
- Grate the rind off the lemon and juice it (adult supervision required)
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta, milk, melted butter, lemon rind and juice, beating well until smooth.
- Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to form a smooth batter.
- Turn on the electric frypan (adult job) and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour in 1/4 cup batter to form the
- Cook 4 pancakes at a time over mediu/high heat for 3 minutes or until bubbles appear over the surface, then flip over and cook for 1-2 minutes (adult supervision).
- Note the pancakes do expand so do not place them too close to one another.
- Serve hot with a spoonful of yoghurt, banana slices and some honey.