For Classroom Teachers
When a booking is made, the classroom teacher will be contacted and a staff member from the Travelling Kitchen will discuss how the session will run, any requests, time restrictions, facilities and equipment required, and any special dietary needs of the children or learning adjustments that need to be made.
- A booking form will be sent out and we request that it is returned as quickly as possible to enable planning specific to your requests.
- A incursion letter will also be emailed out to you to send home with the student’s prior to the workshop to inform families about the nature of the program.
About our ingredients and our equipment
- All perishable ingredients are purchased locally and transported under refrigerated conditions.
- Where possible Australian made ingredients are purchased.
- Fair trade ingredients where available are used.
- Electrical equipment has all been safety tested.
- Knives that we use are specially designed for use by children.
- Equipment, where available, is bpa free.
- First aid kit brought to each workshop.