Ingredients – makes 6 souvlaki
3 chicken breasts
6 pita breads (warmed if time permits)
Rind of lemon
Juice of half a lemon
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon oregano
½ tablespoon thyme
1 cup plain Greekyoghurt
1 Lebanese cucumber
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to season
½ red onion
- Kiddies Food Kutter
- Large bowl and small bowl
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Wooden spoon
- Electric fry pan
- Metal spoon
- Foil/Paper lunch bags
- Chopping board
- Scrap bowl
- Chop chicken into cubes. Wash board and knife after chopping chicken.
- Grate rind off lemon and then juice.
- Prepare dressing ingredients and mix in large bowl.
- Add chicken to large bowl and mix dressing through.
- Spray fry pan lightly with cooking spray, turn to medium heat and cook chicken for approximately 4-5 minutes (Adult job).
- Dice cucumber finely, leaving the skin on.
- Finely chop remaining parsley.
- Combine cucumber, parsley, lemon juice, yoghurt and mix for tzatziki. Season tzatziki with a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
- Prepare salad fillings – shred lettuce, slice tomato, slice capsicum and onion.
- Spread pita with tzatziki, add salad ingredients, place chicken on top and wrap in foil.
- Most delicious, most super eaten warm!